Hexavalent chromium Cr(VI) determination in disposal electronic waste
In the past years, the demand of hexavalent chromium Cr(VI) determination in electronic components has been dramatically increased. Cr VI is widely used in manufacturing of electronics thanks to its anticorrosive proprieties, although it is highly toxic and carcinogenic. Its determination in disposal electronic waste is pivotal and mandatory in many countries to protect the environment from hazardous contaminants. Our application specialists have done several tests to develop a method in full compliance with IEC 62321-7-2: 2017.
ETHOS X, featured with MAXI-24 HP and SFS-24, can extract and determine the Hexavalent chromium Cr(VI) content in several plastics and electronics components.
Some of the advantages are:
- Fully compliant with IEC method
- High productivity, 24 samples in 2 hours
- Ease of use. Preset methods with straightforward process
- Reliable data on several matrices. The Application Report shows the robustness of the method.
- Turn-key solution. The configuration allows to perform the complete process, including both the extraction and the filtration steps.