We are glad to inform you of the publication of a new paper title "Evaluation of recycle and reuse of nitric acid from sample digests by sub-boiling distillation" has just been published on Microchemical Journal. In short, the article shows that acid digestion waste can be recycled (through a sub-boiling purification process) and reused, without compromising the quality of the analytical results, with clear benefits in costs and for the environmental health.
- Sub-boiling distillation was applied for recovery of nitric acid from digests.
- Percentage of contaminants removal from sample digests ranged from 98.1 to 99.8%.
- Recoveries between 73 and 106% were found after digestions with recycled nitric acid.
- Nitric acid wastes were significantly reduced.
- Green chemistry attributes were improved by recovering and reusing nitric acid.. Get the compete paper